Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sascha's pork chops

I have loved getting older so far. Except for the occasional grey hair here and there aging is so comical. My oldest friend Sascha and I were on the phone last week exchanging recipes, and it just hit me that we have gone from the 6th grade to now. Sitting on the phone gossiping and exchanging recipes. Anyway, she has been raving about this pork chop recipe, and I finally tried it. Oh snap. So amazing. Here it is.
Serving size (2)
Ingredients
-2 pork chops, 2 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic, 1/2 c hard cider (apple cider will do just fine), 1 Tbl. whole grain mustard, 1/3 c. heavy cream.
Directions
Bash pork chops until they are thinner than original size. Heat oil in a pan, warm pan on low. Then increase pan heat to moderate. Cook each pork chop for 5 minutes on each side. Remove and place on a warm plate in a slightly heated oven to keep warm.
In the same pan, add cider. Bubble away for 1 minute. Reduce a little. Add mustard and stir in cream. Cook for two minutes scraping up pork chop bits and mixing into sauce. Poor over chops.
Sascha recommended making this dish with gnocchi. I did, and it was incredible. I also had asparagus that I cooked in a pan with olive oil until it was slightly blackened.
This truly was one of the best meals I have had. Thanks Bug. You always know best!


No comments:

Post a Comment