Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Friday, January 29, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

When I married Seth I got three older sisters. Sara and Chrissie are Seth's sisters, and Laura is married to Seth's older brother Jason. Amazing women!! Laura's family has a cabin in Hebgen Lake, Montana. This is probably one of my favorite places to go. It is truly a slice of heaven on Earth. Last summer Sara, Laura and I took all the kids and went to the cabin. I have had buttermilk pancakes before, but Sara makes them like no ones business. Ever since that trip I have been in love with these pancakes. Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times of the week. To me it is the perfect time to create tradition and special family memories. These pancakes are a big part of our Sunday mornings. I hope they become a part of your Sunday family tradition and memories.
From our family to yours. Enjoy!!

-1 cup buttermilk
-2 eggs
-3/4 tsp. baking soda
-3/4 Tbl. vegetable oil
-1/2 cup whole milk
-1 cup flour
-3/4 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all together and cook. Lots of butter, powdered sugar and fresh blueberries make them especially divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment