Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Skiing


When my brother and I were kids, every Saturday my mom dropped us off at Foothill Village. We were loaded onto a bus and spent the day in ski school. I can't remember how I felt about it then, but I love to ski now. I don't do it nearly enough, but nonetheless, I think it is a fantastic sport. I love that you are in the fresh air. I think it teaches you to be tough. You have to ignore sometimes unpleasant conditions, and keep going. I know that I can't force Piper to love anything in life, but I want to expose her to as much as I can, and sit back and hope she loves it as well.

So with this said, Piper is turning 2 October 7. My brother is a huge ski person. I called him up and told him that I was thinking of buying Piper skis for her birthday. We went the next day and bought her the whole deal. She wasn't too thrilled.

For now the skis are just sitting in the middle of the living room. She occassionally goes and sits with them and plays with the clips. We'll give it another try once the snow flies.

1 comment: