Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Need a photographer??

I know lots of people are doing photography these days, and there is a lot of talent out there, but besides my husband, Jenny Kemp Hebert, is incredible. We were songleaders together at East High School (so much better than a cheerleader because our outfits were a hell of a lot better and we did a lot more dancing).
I started seeing Jen's work on Facebook. I decided I wanted to do a family session with Seth, Pipes and I. Seth was totally not into it. How lame. He wouldn't wear coordinated outfits and gel his hair for his girls. Just kidding Seth. This really did turn out to be such a cool experience. We did a mother/daughter session. We went to Albion Basin in Alta, Utah. This is one of my favorite places on Earth.
I thought the photos turned out spectacular. I really had an image of what I wanted in my mind. This often can lead to disappointment. I can't stop crying every time I look at them. (tears of joy)
My mom came over to see the photos yesterday, and as I watched her look at the prints, I could see and sense her days of young motherhood coming back. She looked at her baby holding her baby, and it made me cry. She does this thing where she turns her head to the left then right and says "oh Shannon, they are just wonderful."
Photos are an investment. Not cheap. I can't imagine not investing in something so important though.
This is a tradition that I will continue on with my next daughter.
Thank you so much Jen!
http://www.jenhebertphotography.com/

1 comment: