Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Friday, October 14, 2011

Disneyland



















When I thought about having kids one day the fact that I could take them to Disneyland came to mind. I love the place. I love the smell, the memories, the energy. I love that everything is happy there. You go there and suddenly all your worries go away. It reminds me of my dad, my brother and of being young and pure.
So every October Seth and I try our best to take a nice vacation. Fall is an amazing time of year to travel. Cheaper and less crowds. Two musts when traveling.
I have been waiting for Piper to be the right age and this year she most certainly was. We packed up the family truckster and headed to California. The weather was not optimal, but the crowds were. We pretty much walked onto every ride. Oh and by the way, Piper and I rode the Matterhorn together. This is my favorite ride other that Pirates. She was barely scared. No crying. So proud of her.
The first night we got there Disneyland was having a special trick-or-treat Mickey Mouse party. It was so fun. After the park closed you got to stay until 11 pm (night is my favorite time in the park) and trick or treat. There was also a special Halloween parade. Such a great time of year to go.
We stayed in Vegas on the way to California and on the way home. I think I hate Vegas. It is just gross. It is everything that I hate about Americans. Consuming, consuming and then consuming some more. We stayed in a nice hotel and ordered room service and had a lot of fun.
I love traveling. It might be one of my favorite things to do in life. I can't wait to start planning our next trip. I hope that my children will love traveling as much as Seth and I do. There is so much to be learned from traveling. I really think it brings a family closer.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah - Disneyland! So fun, magical and full of lifetime memories. Looks like you had a great trip. Little bit jealous.. let's do it together one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete