Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Thursday, October 27, 2011

10 years

I have to hurry and write this down, because I think remembering what you did on your 10 year anniversary is really important. I met Seth when I was 16. We were friends at first, then a little more. We dated on and off until October 2001 when we were married. I have loved him, the kind of love that makes your guts ache when you are away from someone since 2 months after meeting him.
Today on this cool crisp autumn day it has been 10 years. We woke up and rushed off to Piper's preschool Halloween parade/party. Mom went with us and Nana, Papa, Patrick, Erin and Ronan and of course Quinn were there as well. Piper was an octopus and Quinn and Ronan were firefighters. I cooked most of the afternoon. Uncle Jason, Seth's brother and Seth's best man at our wedding, joined us for dinner. Piper wouldn't eat and Quinn was crying. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. As I write this Quinn is sleeping in his little basket next to our bed and Piper is sleeping in her big girl bed 10 feet away. This is where we are in our lives right now. One day our kids will be grown and we can go to fancy restaurants and maybe even travel. I know for a fact that I will long for the days that we have now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shannon I couldn't agree more! Jim and I are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary this year as well! I was feeling so much pressure to do something amazing and fancy, but this is where we are in life with small children. They won't ever be this small again and I don't want to miss a moment, so fancy trips will have to be for 25 years because right now these 2 precious people need us right here at home! Happy anniversary and cheers to many more! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete