Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The news we have been waiting for

Monday morning Seth had a bone marrow biopsy. We got to go back to our new hang out, the Utah Cancer Clinic. Dory is doing well by the way.
Horrible horrible horrible! I couldn't watch. I sat with Dory and sobbed. It took 10 minutes and we were done. Seth never complained. I already knew he was strong, but WOW. Waiting for the results was awful. We haven't slept much in the last 2 days. Tonight just before 6 pm we got the call we have been hoping for.
Dr. Chambroluli called Seth and told him he has thrombocytosis. His platelets are producing abnormal cells. He doesn't even have the polycythemia vera that the Dr. thought he had. After his spleen is removed they will check his platelet count and if they are out of wack he will take a pill called hydroxy urea. Not a big deal at all.
 The best part about this news is that he 100% doesn't have CANCER and he does not have fibrosis of his bone marrow which would have meant he needed a bone marrow transplant.
I can breathe. I can sleep. This also means he is going to have his spleen out on Tuesday most likely. He will also have the varicies fixed around his stomach. A bit of a riskier surgery due to his clotting.
If next Tuesday goes well we will be in the clear.
Today was the exact news I have dreamed of getting.
I love my husband more than anything. Everything about him is good. He has been so strong through out all of this.
We love you daddy!

2 comments:

  1. congrats shannon!!!!! I couldn't be more happy and relieved for you, your husband and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Wonderful news! Let me know if you need anything next week during or after his surgery! We are here for you!

    ReplyDelete