Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Monday, February 18, 2013

Family Update February 2013

March is in 10 days and I am truly hoping it treats us better than January and February. Life is scary and rough right now. Seth has been diagnosed with Myelo proliferative disorder. His bone marrow is producing way too many red blood cells which has created blood clots. He has a clot in his spleenic vein. His spleen is so enlarged that it has to come out. He is in constant pain. After the spleen is removed we can address the bone marrow issue. We are told it isn't cancer, but that it can turn into cancer. OK holy total panic is what I feel 24/7. Oh and did I mention that Seth does not have health insurance. At this point I don't even care. The amount of medical bills is going to be so incredible. I just want my husband to be ok. I want my children to have a father, and I want to have my Seth until I am an old woman. How is this our life. Not in a million years did I ever conceive that we would be facing something like this.
In the meantime we are trying to stay positive and enjoy every moment we have together.
We snuck away to Hebgen this weekend thanks to Seth's brother's family. We are so grateful for sharing their amazing Hebgen gift. We love this place more than anything. It is magical! Just what we needed. 


This is "the chair". I love this picture more than words can say.

Piper's first time snow shoeing. She was amazing.

See why we are so crazy about the place. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!



Look at my baby. WOW!

Our Valentine's date. I have been thinking back to our wedding vows, and that sickness and health portion is happening right now.


Piper and aunt Bug went for a Pottery Barn tea party date.


Preschool field trip

Magical box

Ronan love Seth. So do I.

We love practicing make up and dress ups on cousin Ronan


Piper loves dance

Oh please winter go away

Hiking the Utah foothills

Quinn and I skied together for the first time today. Laura, Max and Quinn and I went for a ski. Mother/son ski date. One of the highlights of my life.

Quinn watching me walk away

Sascha, Joel, and Seth and I had dinner. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment