Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, October 27, 2012

11 year anniversary

Eleven years ago today at 3 pm I married Seth Thomas Dunlop. We met at age 16 and 17 at East High School. We dated forever, broke up a whole bunch, lived together for years, and then said "I do." 
I wouldn't change a thing. Marriage is hard. Let's just be honest. You change, your partner changes and so does the world. You have to find a way to keep all this change from disrupting your unity. 
I always wondered if my parents ever loved one another. I hate wondering this. For a child to know that their parents truly love each other is a gift that will give their entire lives.
I keep this blog so my children will know me and have a record of our family and our history. 

I love your father more than you will ever know. I love him more and more the older we get. I don't care if we embarrass you by kissing. I can't keep myself from kissing him.
We fight and we disagree. This is normal. How you solve your conflict is what matters. You can't promise yourself to someone for an entire lifetime and always be on the same page. It is unrealistic to think otherwise.  

When your father looks at me I feel so incredibly beautiful. He makes me laugh every day.

I hope more than anything that my children will find a partner as amazing as their father. 

We brought Piper and Quinn to the church where we got married today

First Unitarian Church in SLC. Married by Rev. Tom Goldsmith

Let it be known that this is the day Quinn discovered fry sauce. We love Crown Burger on Highland Dr. It is our special family lunch spot on Saturday. We love the Greek family who owns it. One of our family traditions.

We had dinner at Pago and saw Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill. We went out for coffee and desserts at Gourmandise. It was a perfect anniversary.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment