Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dear summer 2012

Dear summer, I wanted to thank you for your long days of warmth and sunshine. We have loved every day. Piper and I went to a mom and me camp at UMFA. Spectacular. Piper is a gifted artist. She tried soccer camp with our favorite team, SL Real. We swam in lakes, the kids spent a lot of naked time in the backyard playing, my dad and Daryl came for a visit and we all went to the zoo. Seth graduated from college. Quinn turned 1, and I have decided to apply to graduate school. Piper and Quinn became closer. Every day I see their relationship developing. We grew tomatoes, ate ice cream sandwiches on the porch, read lots of books, went to a movie in the park, laughed, cried, and spent as much time together as possible. Afterall that's what matters the most. Keep life simple. Turn the tv off. Turn your Iphone off. Go on walks and talk. This is what makes me happy and it's what I try to bring to my family.

 One morning at camp we were doing chalk art and Piper wrote her name for the first time. She amazes me every day.
 
My daughter is truly spectacular!
 



 We love SL Real!

 Jordanelle Lake swimming

When will I stop saying "wow these two are mine." I still can't believe how lucky I am. Watching them develop a relationship is one of the greatest joys in my life!
 



1 comment: