Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A birthday bike ride

Whenever I drive up Emigration Canyon now and see people biking it I am going to have a lot more respect for them. It was not easy. Fun, but hard.

This is our cute friend Scott Alder.

I am afraid this is our children's fate. Dragging them out of bed for early Saturday morning bike rides.



Last October 13 my sister-in-law's brother, Ben Jacobsen, died of cancer. I have known the Jacobesen family pretty much my whole life. Most of them have bright red hair, and are an amazing family. If you have lived in Salt Lake for a period of time, you most likely know this family. They are a kind wonderful family. This was a horrible tragedy. He was just a couple of years older than I. He left behind a beautiful wife and three children. He was an avid bike rider. So this morning to celebrate his birthday his friends and family organized a bike ride up Emigration Canyon. This was one of his favorite rides. Most of the riders were serious riders, and then there was a handful of us that were not so serious. We made it from Hogle Zoo to Ruth's Diner. Seth rode with Piper on the front of his single speed bike. Seth honestly could have made it to the top no problem, but he was a gentleman and waited for Quinn and I.
So thank you Ben for being the reason that we all got together and rode our bikes up the canyon this morning. It was beautiful.
You are deeply missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment