Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Monday, February 14, 2011

The state of the Dunlops

A work friend of mine told me the other day that she uses her blog like a journal. She makes books periodically, and so in time she will have lots of information to look back on and remember her family.
So I am going to try and copy her idea.
Piper is 2 years and 4 months. Quinn is about 19 weeks old. Seth has 10 more months of school and will have his BS. I work 24 hours per week. This is totally manageable, and actually quite enjoyable.
We are trying to sell our house. Hopefully this will happen by July 14. (Quinn's due date)
My dog of 13 years (Farley) died 2 days ago. I am devastated. Piper called for him today. I am hoping the pain will go away some time. I can't stop missing him. Our house feels oddly empty. This is the first time in my life that I have never had a dog. Farley was my baby. He still is.
Erin and Patrick are preparing to become parents. All is healthy and happy with these developing boys. June 25 and July 14 can't come soon enough.
Sascha and I are planning Erin's baby shower. (May 21) It is to be the social event of the year. JK. I can't wait for this Spring Saturday filled with baby everything.
I love Seth more and more everyday. I think when I am pregnant I feel particularly vulnerable. I feel so clingy to him. I can't wait for him to come home from work. He is my protector. He is a totally dedicated father. He works full time and fathers and husbands full time. We are the luckiest girls in the world.
I still can't believe that we have a little girl and a little boy. I still feel like we are teenagers making out in his land cruiser.
This winter has been very hard. Having a toddler cooped up in the house is not easy. Piper goes to music class and swimming each week. That is no replacement for the playground though.
It's hard for me to believe that she will be in preschool this fall. I am going to have major problems with letting her go.
Life goes by too fast. This is why I am a firm believer that you have to live out every stage of your life to the fullest. Embrace whatever it is that you are doing because before you know it you will be doing something different.
I worry about money, this pregnancy, finding a home in our budget that will accommodate us, losing my parents, and if I am a good enough mother and wife. I know that if these are my main worries I am so incredibly lucky.
I have never felt more purpose, happiness and love than I do now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon I love this post! I am so sorry to hear about Farley...I hope your pain fades and memories stay clear as time passes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad we had that conversation the other night. Way to already update your blog. I need to do mine now. I love working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling blessed to know you. :) You are an inspiring woman Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog Shannon!

    ReplyDelete