Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Life

I haven't been able to bring myself to post because I am so emotional. On November 3 I found out that I am pregnant. So this was planned, but a bit quick. I think I was thrown back slightly.
I work with a midwife who recently told me that at my old age of 34 my chances of pregnancy were greatly reduced. Wow I can't wait to see her and tell her how wrong she was.
I will be the first to admit that change is really hard for me. I love change, and I know that it is necessary if you want to keep growing, but it takes me a while to get used to it.
I think the thing I am worried about the most is that Piper will feel like she isn't AS loved. The thought of this crushes my heart. I love her so immensely. Will I be able to love another like I love her. I feel so guilty saying this out loud. I know the answer to these questions, but my heart and hormones are having a grand old time with me.
I have an older brother who is 3 years older. I think the world revolves around him. I have adored him forever. I remember so vividly the day he started kindergarten. I was sitting on my mom's lap in the kitchen, and I was crying for him as he walked out the door. I can't imagine a world without my sister and brother.
I know Piper will love LaBron (this is what Seth calls the baby).
I truly can't imagine a world without my children. I hope they give the world hell. I hope Piper and her sibling take on this world with gusto and lean on each other always.
My mom always says that if a mother does her job right, there will come a day when her children no longer need her. When I leave this world one day I will feel a lot better knowing that my children are not alone and that they have each other.
So for now LaBron is hanging out in the cooker and Piper is shredding it up!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon I can not tell you how happy I am for your family! I am no expert yet, but two kids isn't as hard as everyone said it is. Yes there are moments, but you have so much love to give and it is possible to love two! We will have to talk more when I get back! Piper is going to be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shannon, I am so excited for you and your family, you are an amazing mom and will continue to be to all of your children!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shannon! im so excited for you! and don't worry, every parent is scared that they won't be able to love the second child like they love the first. thats the great thing about love though, you can have SO much of it without taking it away from the other child. you will be shocked at how much love you have to give! your such a cute mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Shan!!!! That is amazing and I worry about the same things-I am not expecting yet but worry when I do get pregnant again:) You are an amazing woman and will be a great mommy to baby #2 just as you are to Piper:)
    XoXoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shannon...I just found your blog! I am so excited for your good news, but can understand your worries too. But I agree with Brittany, you will be a great mommy to baby #2 as you are to Piper. Well I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. Tell everyone at work HI!! I miss working with you and everyone else up there at LDS.

    ReplyDelete