Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mom and Jan's Black Bean dip

My aunt Jan used to make this dip. She died about 8 years ago. She was my mom's only sister. I miss her so much. It is my mom's favorite thing to make now. She eats it for dinner multiple times a week. Jan loved to cook. She was great at it. She and my mom couldn't have been more different, though they are both fabulous women. I love them both so much.

1 can black beans rinsed and drained
3 limes
2 tomatoes (I love romas, but any will do)
1 avocado
1 can corn drained

Chop tomatoes, avocados, and mix beans and corn into a big bowl. Cut the limes in half and squeeze the juice over all the ingredients.

Eat with lime tortilla chips.

Thanks mom and Jan!

No comments:

Post a Comment