Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Napkins

When it comes to sewing, I am a beginner at best. I seriously just love the fabrics that my mom gets in her store. My poor little projects might not have the best workmanship, but the fabrics they are made out of are spectacular.
I like to think of myself as a frugal person. I hate waste. Being wasteful and excessive are two qualities I hope to never have. Unfortunately, I think many Americans are excessive and wasteful.
So I know this is a very long explanation as to why I made silly little napkins this week, but I am quite proud of them. Amy Butler will now wipe the Dunlop's mouths when we dine.
Eliminating paper napkins and paper towels is one small way to help eliminate waste and save money.
These napkins would make a wonderful gift for any occassion. You need 1/3 of a yard of any of Piper's Quilts wonderful fabircs. Each 1/3 yard cut makes 4 napkins. Cut the 1/3 yard in half and surge the edges. My mom is a wonderful teacher and would love to help!







3 comments: