Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Piper's first day at Alta





Piper and I went skiing today for the first time. Just us two girls.
She went once last year at Snowbird, but today it was just the two of us. I hope this is something we can do together for the rest of our lives. I daydream about having long talks on the lift. OK who am I kidding. We made one run today, and Piper couldn't wait to go get lunch. There were minimal tears.
I took her to Alta, which in my mind is a secret gem on this planet that we are so lucky to have.
It was a perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky and warm temperatures.
There was also a really cute boy there who greeted Piper with kisses, Henry Alder.
As I am writing this Piper is carrying around our skis in the living room telling me that she can't wait to ski again. Who knows, maybe my daydream will come true.



1 comment:

  1. It will Shannon! What a perfect day. My girls always liked to end the day in the lodge with hot chocolate that has a ridiculously large topping of whipped cream. It's heaven. Also, my mom taught me it never hurts for the mama to have a stash of favorite candy bars in her pocket :) Helps keep a smile on everyone's face. We want to come ski with Piper! Love you.

    ReplyDelete