Seth, Shannon, Piper and Quinn Dunlop
The story of our little family and our modern day journal

Sunday, November 10, 2013

These are the days of our lives

My brother turned 40 last month. How is that possible. It really makes you realize that time is wizzing by and you need to live every day as if it were your last. Our house didn't sell. We lost our Brian house. We are contemplating moving into the TV room so the kids can each have their own room. They are fighting, and Pipes has to wear head phones to bed because her brother keeps her up. It is an understatement when I say our current living situation is not working. I am trying to be grateful for all that we have, which is a lot, but I want to do better for my children. I want them to have more space, and live on a street that is not the local bumb route to the liquor store.
Seth and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary Oct. 27. We went to The Montage in Deer Valley. We might have to eat Top Ramen for a week, but I for one don't care. We made it most of the night and then at midnight Pipes had an asthma attack at my mom's house and we had to head down. Total bummer, but the 8 hours we got to spend there was amazing. I dream of when we can go back.
We have actually been together 21 years. I was just 16 when we met. It's so hard to believe. How lucky are we.
 Piper and Quinn are amazing. Piper is loving kindergarten. We are trying to figure out where she will go next year. She has that funny birthday which misses the deadline, so she has to start kindergarten again next fall. They may decide to test her into the first grade. We'll see. Her teacher informed me that we need to look into ELP programs for her. That Pipes is a bright little lady.
We need to figure out where she will go. It is looking like Uintah Elementary School. My childhood elementary. Kind of depends on where we are living. My mom lives in the district so we can always "move in with her." There are great private schools, but my god we would have to sell everything we own and work 15 extra shifts a week to afford it. You should hear these moms waiting for our kids to get out of school talking about it. I feel like it's a Saturday Night Live skit. One mom is in the corner rocking, one mom is vomiting, and I am in the corner crying hysterically. Give me a break. I feed into the hysterics of it like everyone else. I just know how much an education matters to your future. I also know that if my children don't go to Rowland Hall, they are going to do just fine. Quinn is going to start preschool in the fall. We are going to put him at the U of U Preschool. Fabulous program. What am I going to do? One kid in kindergarten and the other in preschool. This September we went to Maui for a week. The place never changes. It is so amazing. Our kids were so great on the flight and the trip. They just go along with whatever we are doing. Complaining and fighting definitely follows us, but all in all, they are great. Pipes celebrated her 5th birthday October 12 at the Grand America for high tea. What a great experience. Best birthday ever. Effortless and classic. We all loved it. Piper's little friends all came dressed up and were total angels. The kids she goes to school with are so adorable. No brats or meanies. I wish they could all just stay together for school forever.
Piper is full on swimming without any floaties. She does laps. Swimming lessons just might be the best money we have spent. Quinn is right behind her. The hysterical crying has stopped at his lessons. We are making progress. Piper is also taking ballet at the SL Ballet Conservatory. She loves it and she is absolutely precious. Her instructor is a Columbian guy named Cristobal. He is amazing.
I have been so amazed at the wonderful moms and families that we are meeting thru this new adventure we call childhood. Growing up in SL and not belonging to the mainstream culture, we were treated very badly. I have been so afraid that my children would face that same treatment, but we have found our niche, and I couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch of people.
Summer evening trip to the lake

Berry picking at McBride's Berry patch with my babies on my 30something birthday. Best birthday ever!

Friday cupcake trip with the kids

I have never in my life seen such a sweet berry picker

My absolute heaven. Perfect in every sense


Best friends

Stop at Rays in Green River on our way to our heaven,  CANYONLANDS.
Piper's little Eli. 
My husbands boyfriend, Jaren. We love him!

Perfect camping trip. I am head over heels in love with Canyonlands. I could go every month

Hello, did I hear amazing

Summer evening drive up to Alta. 

Murray City Pool. Hidden gem. 

Our fall fling to the fair. Way too much drink and way too much fun. My first derby. These people you are looking at are a damn good time. 

Two of the best ladies I know

Seth ran a race UP the tram at Snowbird. The kids and I waited up top for him. Pipes took him into the finish line.
Way to go Seth!!

Canyonlands
Man lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment